Connect data sources Shapes in Visio 2010
In this article I will explain how to Connect data sources to shapes in Visio 2010.
To Connect data sources to shapes we can use these steps
- we see on the Data tab, in the External Data group, select Link Data to Shapes.
- After that on the first page of the Data Selector wizard, choose which of the following types of data sources have the data you're using:
- Microsoft Office Excel workbook
- Microsoft Office Access database
- Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services list
- Microsoft SQL Server database
- Other OLEDB or ODBC data source
- Complete the remainder of the wizard.
At last you click Finish on the last page of the Data Connection wizard, the External Data window appears with your imported data shown in a grid. Drag a row of data onto a shape to add automatically the data to the Shape Data for this shape or in the Shapes window, select a shape that we want to hold the data, and then drag a row of data and drop it on an empty area of the page. The selected shape is added to the page or connected to the data.
Ask Your Question
Got a programming related question? You may want to post your question here
Programming Answers here