Features of Stored Procedure in SQL
In this article I am going to explain about feature of stored procedure.
Features of Stored Procedure
Stored Procedure is much popular and it is used in database design because it have a lots of features.
Some feature of stored procedure are describing below
- Stored procedure are precompiled. we don't need to recompile again the stored procedure at using time. It makes stored procedure faster than execution of normal SQL statement.
- A store procedure can call to other stored procedure.
- A store procedure can call itself. A stored procedure call itself called recursion or recursive call.
- Stored procedure implement the concept of abstraction because user of stored procedure does not know about code and designing of stored procedure. It increase security.
- It is good for application programmer or end user who does not know more about database. application programmer or end user don't need to know how to code in SQL.
- You can restrict application programmer or end user to call only specific stored procedure but not execute other SQL statement. It increase security of database from unauthorized access of database.