How to use string operation in String Function Using XPath in Xml
In this article I will explain string operation of string function.
String function is used to convert the object to the string. The types of conversion from object to string are:
- Converting node-sets to string
- Converting numbers to string
- Converting Booleans to string
- Converting objects to string
Converting node-sets to string : The string() function converts a node-set to a string by returning the string value of the first node in the node-set, for example if we write the node-set like, <ColorName>
Now the following function we can perform:
- The following string function return the first node that is "Red"
- If I want to display all the color name together means the concatenation of all the child element of the ColorName node then I write as,
Output is as "RedBlueGreenWhite"
- We can also apply the other function within the string function like,
This function return false as the string(//ColorName()) gives the first element node that is Red.
- To search the other color name we write as,
contains( . , "Green")
Now it will return true as string(.) convert the string as "RedBlueGreenWhite" which contain the element Green.
Ask Your Question
Got a programming related question? You may want to post your question here
Programming Answers here