What is XSL-FO Blocks in XML
In this articles I am going to explain about XSL-FO Block in XML.
XSL-FO Blocks in XML
- Block is one of the key concepts of XSL-FO.
- The block is used to insert all possible elements, such as tables, images, lists, paragraphs.
- XSL-Fo Block display areas in rectangular .
- XSL-Fo Block can be nested in one another.
- XSL-Fo Block which, as a whole, do not fit into the page or column are divided between the pages according to the given break rules.
- In XSL-Fo Block layout information of all kinds can be linked to the <fo:block> element.
- XSL-Fo Block has included information about the fonts, font sizes, borders, indents, colours, background colours and images, hyphenation etc. to be used.
- XSL-Fo Block should be noted that most of these attributes are inheritable. This means that they do not necessarily have to be added to the block which contains directly the content to be set, but that they are already specified for elements which are superordinated to the given block in the stylesheet.
Blocks are sequences of output in rectangular boxe
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
This block of output will have a one millimeter border around it.
The attributes being important in practice and their functional features are below
For borders (beyond the block boundaries)
border-before-color, border-before-style, border-before-width, border-after-color, border-after-style, border-after-width, border-start-color, border-start-style, border-start-width, border-end-color, border-end-style, border-end-width, border-top-color, border-top-style, border-top-width, border-bottom-color, border-bottom-style, border-bottom-width, border-left-color, border-left-style, border-left-width, border-right-color, border-right-style, border-right-width
background-attachment, background-color, background-image, background-repeat, background-position-horizontal, background-position-vertical
For line and page breaks
break-after, break-before, keep-together, keep-with-next, keep-with-previous
For fillings and margins (within the block boundaries)
margin-top, margin-bottom, margin-left, margin-right, padding-before, padding-after, padding-start, padding-end, padding-top, padding-bottom, padding-left, padding-rightpause-after, space-before, space-after
country, hyphenate, hyphenation-character, hyphenation-push-character-count, hyphenation-remain-character-count, hyphenation-keep, hyphenation-ladder-count, language
For fonts and font styles
font-model, font-family, font-selection-strategy, font-size, font-stretch, font-size-adjust, font-style, font-variant, font-weight
color, end-indent, id, intrusion-displace, last-line-end-indent, linefeed-treatment, line-height, line-height-shift-adjustment, line-stacking-strategy, orphans, relative-position, richness, role, script, source-document, span, start-indent, text-align, text-align-last, text-altitude, text-depth, text-indent, visibility, white-space-collapse, white-space-treatment, widows, wrap-option
You may also want to read these related articles :
Ask Your Question
Got a programming related question? You may want to post your question here
Programming Answers here