What is HTML5
In this article I have described about HTML5 with HTML5 document.
HTML5 is the extended version of HTML/XHTML.
What is HTML5
- HTML5 is the language for describing the structure of Web pages.
- Publish online documents with headings, text, tables, lists, photos, etc.
- HTML5 is the latest revision of HTML containing much better support for media like video and audio tag .
- The HTML5 about extending HTML/XHTML with new more rich elements, attributes and altering how some element and attributes are allowed to be used.
Difference between HTML and HTML5
HTML is a markup language that is used to build static (non interactive and non animated) web pages while HTML5 is the latest revision of HTML containing much better support for media like video and audio tags.
The HTML5 is initiated by the WHATWG (Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group) and W3C which has to focus in the development of HTML and APIs for web applications. They considered that only future development of HTML and XHTML is in the form of HTML5 .
For the development of HTML5 some point they considered some point.
- More use of markup in place of scripting
- Better error handling.
- Device independent feature should be added to HTML5.
- Public visible development process
NOTE - It should also mention that HTML5 is spelled just that, with no space between the the L and 5.
The HTML5 doctype
The doctype for HTML5 is very simple. To indicate that our HTML content uses HTML5 we can use
The simple HTML5 document can be represented by following example
You may also want to read these related articles :
Ask Your Question
Got a programming related question? You may want to post your question here
Programming Answers here