Introduction of Normalization
In this article I am going to explain about normalization in SQL.
Normalization is used to organize the content of table. Normalization is a technique which eliminate redundancy and inconsistent dependency of data from database. Normalization makes database more flexible.
Basic Goal of normalization
- Arrange data in database in to logical grouping.
- Eliminate redundancy of data, it means minimizing the duplicate data in database.
- Eliminate inconsistency of data
There are seven normal forms
- First Normal Form
- Second Normal Form
- Third Normal Form
- Boyce-Codd Normal Form (BCNF)
- Fourth Normal Form
- Fifth Normal Form
- Domain Key Normal Form or Sixth Normal Form
To implement the the concept of normalization in database it use some technique as functional dependency, multi value dependency and loss less join decomposition.