Here is the step by step method to create windows application project in Visual Basic within the integrated development environment (IDE).
1. Go to File menu, select New and then select Project.
2. Select language from the "Project Types" pane. In our case, it should be "Visual Basic".
3. Choose "Windows Forms Application" from the "Templates" pane.
4. Give the desired name and location to save the project. In my case it is "MyWindowsApplication" and "D" drive.
5. Now we are in the design stage of the form.
This is the initial screen you get when project is created. You can now add more items and design the form by using the toolbox provided in the left side of the IDE.