ASP.Net Toolbox in VB.NET (Validation Control): Part 3
In this article we will discuss, ASP.Net Toolbox controls and its uses. In this article I am only writing some lines on each and every control available in Validation Control section.
Here is Part 2
Toolbox is very-very important building block of .NET Framework. Toolbox is an area where all the controls existed. It helps the developer to develop any application very quickly, only drag the control from the toolbox and drop it on the form. To change its properties we have to select the control and make the properties changes from Properties window. We can do it manually by writing code-behind. There are over 100 controls available in ASP.NET 4.0. I am listing here all the controls available in ASP.NET 4.0 and writing some lines on each of them.
3. Validation Controls:
Such controls are used to validate the data of an input control. If the data does not pass validation, it will display an error message to the user. It is very-very useful in client side validation.
- Pointer: It is just a pointer. If we drag any other control on form it causes to create that control on form but pointer does not create any control on form. In other word we can say, we select it for to ignore any other selected control.
- CompareValidator: This control is used to compare the value of one input control to the value of another input control or to a fixed value.
- CustomValidator: This control is used to allow the developer to write a validation method to handle the validation of the value entered in any input control.
- RangeValidator: This control is used to check that the user has entered the value falls between the specified value or not. Possibly used to check ranges, numbers, dates, string etc.
- RegularExpressionValidator: This control is used to check that inputted value by user matches the pattern or not.
- RequiredFieldValidator: This control is simply used with every input control to make that control is required.
- ValidationSummery: This control is used to simply display a summary of all the validation errors.
Note1: Keep visiting to my articles, you will find different articles on different controls separately in coming days.
Note2: Continue in next part.
HAVE A GREAT CODING!