Apply content placeholders to layout in PowerPoint 2010
In this article I have described about to apply content placeholders to layout of the slides in PowerPoint 2010.
Content Placeholders in Layout
- The Placeholders are boxes with dotted borders that contain content and reside within a slide layout.
- Except the Blank layout all built-in slide layouts contain content placeholders.
- The common format of Content Placeholders in Layout is as follows
Apply Content Placeholders to Slide Layout
To apply a content placeholder to Slide Layout we have to follow the following steps
- First of all we have to click on the View tab in the Presentation Views group and click Slide Master.
- Then in the pane that contains the slide masters and layouts click the layout that you want to add one or more placeholders to.
- Then on the Slide Master tab in the Master Layout group click Insert Placeholder, and then select the type of placeholder that you want.
- Then click a location on the layout, and then drag to draw the placeholder.
- Now To add more placeholders to a layout repeat steps 2 through 4.
- Then on the Slide Master tab, in the Close group click Close Master View to return to Normal view.
Then we can follow one of the steps
- To reapply the newly-edited layout to an existing slide in the slide thumbnail list select the slide and then on the Home tab in the Slides group click Layout and then select the revised layout.
- To add a new slide that contains the layout (with the newly-added placeholders) on the Home tab in the Slides group and click New Slide and then select the slide revised layout.
Ask Your Question
Got a programming related question? You may want to post your question here
Programming Answers here